Accessibility, Mobility and Connectivity
- Increase access to city services & information
- Optimize use of web tools to communicate to the public information on city services, make payments and to receive feedback from the public city services.
- Increase accessibility to lifelong learning
- Increase accessibility to lifelong learning opportunities using existing city and school resources.
- Improve City return on technology investment.
- Improve management and deployment of City information technology-related staff and expenditures.
- Enhance efficiency of our programs and services.
- Integrate and streamline technology and business practices.
- Re-engineer inefficient support systems and processes.
- Achieve a reputation internally and externally as a well-managed government.
- Improve customer service.
- Develop, recruit and retain talented and engaged employees to meet current and future workplace needs
- Increase employee engagement in achieving the goals and objectives of the city and individual departments